Friday, September 19, 2008

On the Road Again

Well The Eva Cassidy Story is on tour again having kicked off at Manchester Opera House Monday last and as we speak wending it's way around Scotland. Am going to see the show Monday next in Llandudno - I tend to like to see it at theatres I've never visited before - and I rather fancy a trip up The Great Orme which will be something I haven't done since I was a wee boy - well in truth I was never a wee boy having been born and raised in grow bags. My parents didn't half enjoy their gardening - only joking before you call the services to report a case of child abuse. In fact the only garden we had measured about three feet by 18 inches the pride and joy being the privet hedge my brother and I were reluctantly detailed to cut through the growing period which seemed to be 12 months of the year.
The new guitar is brilliant and I've been brushing up my jazz chords dipping into all those old standards "Bill Bailey" "Fly me to the Moon" "Blue Moon"etc...NICE!!!!!
Off to my local Am. Dram tonight to see "Whip it up" a satirical comedy by Steve Thompson. I saw the original performance starring "I don't believe it" Richard Wilson at The Bush Theatre in Shepherds Bush, We had been auditioning for my play The Billie Holiday Story" (it was where I first met Rain Pryor (daughter of comic Richard Pryor) who eventually took the role - and damn good she was too! It later transferred to The West End for a short run and rather surprisingly is now released to the amateur market. Still it's a cracker and I'm looking forward to it- my local is The Venture Theatre Ashby de la Zouch a lovely little space and not a bad pint to boot.
Well things to do so I'll say toodle ooo - sadly (no visitors) to myself. Ah well such is life. see you.

No comments: