Wednesday, March 19, 2008

back in the world of the living!

well the lurgie seems to meandered into stratosphere and things are looking brighter. I had a call from a writer yesterday asking about publication and he is sending me his work for consideration of publishing on the website. Anyone else out there in blogland interested in sending stuff check out the websites - www.leglessproductions.co.uk and www.oneactplays.org.uk I don't claim to be the next publishing phenomenon but I can at least put stuff out there in cyberspace. Sales are as you might guess unpredictable and you won't make much cash but then what playwright except those at the top of the tree worried about that.
The legless site is mainly aimed at the pro market but also showcases full length work suitable for both the pro end and the amateur market and the oneactplays is aimed primarily at the societal drama groups.
Did a radio broadcast last week for the Eva Cassidy show in Leicester, enjoyed it and it makes a change for the writer to be invited instead of the 'stars'! Had to duck out of a free evening in Birmingham hosted by 'The Writers Guild' due to a dodgy knee which is affecting my driving just at the moment. I don't know how many of you out there subscribe to the Guild but one of my ongoing beefs is their total neglect of the commercial end of theatre i.e. the producing houses in the unfunded world of course is where, for all of my sins, I choose to work. There's a gap out there for someone to fill so come on all you similarly minded writers lets get together and form us an association. Silly me there's already one in existence isn't there, it's called the unemployment register! Seriously though a forum on the net where us bods could meet (or virtually meet to be precise) would be 'bosting' - that is Black Country slang for 'brilliant'!
Anyway now intending to rest from writing once the latest play is completed and concentrate on recording my CD for the benefit of all those grandchildren and friends out there desperately awaiting receipt of the said CD!!!!
Bye for now.

No comments: